Sunday, August 24, 2008

Amblin' up to the starting line...

I've just received the announcement that the 2008 BJP is set to commence. There are so many excited participants, myself included. I realize from the many posts I've already read that there will be as many approaches to this project as there are participants: planners, improvisationalists, procrastinators, production as well as casual beaders and more.

After some thought, I have decided I need a loose framework or theme in which I can work improvisationally in the spirit of the journal. I am also aware of a quirk in my personality that usually needs support or "permission" of some kind to embark on a project or adventure. Kind of like a passport....hmm...that's it! My 2008 BJP will be "Passport to..." and I will keep my project at the 2x2 inch size of a US Passport photo.

Brilliant? Perhaps not, but definitely "do-able"!

5 comments:

Penney said...

I love the passport idea! Cannot wait to see what you do with it!

Penney

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Man! That's creative! What size beads will you use? You can really play with this theme.

By the way, WE ALL want to hear what you have to say. We are beady buddies now, so we will all be around.

Nice to meet you.

Susan U said...

Thanks Penney, I started on September's "page" today. After I'm done with it, and figure out how I get an image to my blog, you can check it out.

Carol, I am using mostly size 10, 11 and 15 seed beads with some found objects, charms and larger beads that strike my fancy. Pretty much whatever I have laying around at this point, although I do have a couple of bead shows in mind to attend...so who knows what else will show up in the journal!

It is great to "meet" you both and thank you for taking the time to post.

Robin said...

The symbolic meaning of the passport is totally brilliant!!! Welcome to writing and blogging... I love your list:

planners
improvisationalists
procrastinators
production beaders
casual beaders

and your attitude of acceptance towards all!

Susan U said...

Thanks for your support and inspiration, Robin!